Fonseca e Silva Family

Tuesday, July 22, 2008



This past weekend we decided to take a little vacation and go camping just outside of Parks, Arizona. It is about 20 minutes west of Flagstaff in the Kaibab National Forest. I had a National Shoot To Retrieve Association (NSTRA) event for pointing dogs to finish my judging requirements. Since we were already going to be in the mountains we extended it out and made it a family adventure. The two days while I was judging Mary had the kids and she did not have much fun. I was always off and out in the field while she was dealing with the kids herself. Mary told me I am on my own next time if I am judging. On day 1 I walked for 5 hours and on day 2 I was on horseback from 7:00am until 5pm judging dogs. It was a long weekend.



Allyson and Austin both brushed down the horses after the trials were over. This is Ally taking care of Joey. He was a big gelding that I rode during the trial.


The sunsets were beautiful. It was so much fun to get back into the mountains and out of the blazing hot Phoenix weather. It was nice cool weather at night and mid 80's during the day.


5 comments:

Walt and Joyce said...

Saddle sores I bet. Looks like you had a great time. I hope you let the kids take a ride on the horse. Now you can judge dogs until you can get Lexy trained. Love, Mom and Dad.

Speedys said...

So jealous of the horse riding, not the judging though. Poor, poor Mary she is the one who agreed to 4children. Oh well, I'm sure you will pamper her next time.

Carrie said...

Wow....I haven't been on your blog forever. Fancy!! I usually just read it on my google reader.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun...don't tell Mary I said that! And Rachel will flip when she sees the horse! The kids already want to move next door to you guys.

Anonymous said...

I DIDDNT KNOW AZ COULD LOOK THAT GOOD.... NICE HORSE :] ENJOY THE HEAT.... POOR MARY YOU OWE HER