Fonseca e Silva Family

Friday, May 16, 2008

Father's & Son's Outing

Tonight me and the boys headed off for a great campout and some male bonding time. But before we left I gave Allyson an Olive Garden gift card and told her to take Mary out to dinner for me. Mary was quite jealous that we got to go camping and her and Ally had to stay home. As I left she said enjoy your trip in a sarcastic voice. So off we went with trailer in tow and the boys all excited to go camping.


We were on our way when Mary called to see how we were doing, I told her fine. Her and Ally were at the Olive Garden having dinner. About 5 minutes after we hung up the fun began. Driving up a hill the truck all of the sudden loses power and I lost the power steering and brakes. I eventually got the truck stopped and pulled off the road. Good thing we were not headed down hill because it could have been disastrous. After I got the truck stopped I called a friend in Utah, Kenny, to find out what was the issue. After getting the code from the trucks computer he said that he thought it was the fuel injector pump.


I called a good friend Jason to come and help me tow the trailer back home since roadside would not tow the trailer. It just so happened that he was coming back from the same spot where we were going and within an hour and a half the tow truck had my truck, Jason had my trailer hooked up and Mary had came and picked up the boys. What could have ended up being a nightmare just ended up a cancelled outing. Our roadside plan saved us $255 for towing the truck 31 miles.


What's funny or not is that I just finished replacing the clutch and hydraulics this week. Now I get to replace the injector pump. Thanks Uncle Sam for the stimulus package. It has helped me stimulate my truck back to working condition.

5 comments:

Walt and Joyce said...

Paul, the Lord was looking after you and the kids. So glad you are all fine. Thank goodness for Home & Auto! We can't wait to see you next week. Be very careful driving. Love you and we are glad you are all okay! Love, Mom and Dad

Speedys said...

SCARY!!!! I am glad you were able to stop and that in the end everyone was fine. It was a good thing Mary didn't go with you so she could help rescue you guys. Love you and I'm glad all is well.

DeeDee said...

Ditto to what your Mom, Dad and Lisa said! Glad all is well. I was excited for you to spend that stimulus check on me for my birthday when I am there but, I guess...if you have to spend it on the truck...okay! Hahahaha.
Take care and BE SAFE! I am still laughing at myself...hahahaha...I am so funny! Hey, no comments from the peanut gallery Paul! Love to all!

Anonymous said...

IM GLAD YOU GUYS ARE OK!!!! THATS MY WORST FEAR WHEN PULLING SOMETHING. IM GOING TO USE THAT STORY FOR MY HOME AND AUTO SALES.... ADVISE : YOU DO THE SAME .

Emily and Mike said...

That sounds like quite an adventure. I am glad you were able to get everything under control. Good luck with getting your truck fixed, maybe it is time for a new one, eh?