
First, I must say Happy Mother's Day to the woman who brought me into this world, my MOM. Mom, I love you and appreciate all you have done for me throughout my life. I could never repay you for all you have given me. I am who I am because of how you raised me. You were always there for me when I needed you. Although I don't show it enough I want you to know how much I love you and cherish the times when we are together during visits here or there.
Second, I am so grateful to have such a loving wife who puts up with me in so many ways. I still remember the day when I proposed to her. I had been off my mission for a month or so and I decided to take her to Cascade Springs on the back side of Mount Timpanogas to propose. Little did I know the roads were still closed and had not opened up yet. So there we are in Midway, Utah and I have no back up location to propose. By the way, she thought we were just going for a drive up the canyon. I hurried up and thought of a back up plan. I took her to Sundance ski resort and we went for a walk on a trail. During the walk I pulled out the ring and proposed. I will never forget her dad's response when I asked if I could marry her. He said, "Don't ask me, ask her." She of course said yes, and 15 years later we are still happily married. She is my Gorgeous Bride and Joy!!!
Lastly, I would like to thank all the other women in my life that hold a special place in my heart. My daughter, sister, other relatives and friends who are all so dear to me. I never would have thought that some of my best friends would be women, but what can I say? Thank you all for being special in your own way.
I sometimes wonder why I have been so blessed and whether I deserve what I have in life. Things could have gone so many different directions. I am not sure why or what I did to deserve such a great life, but I am grateful for everything I have especially all the women in my life. I love you all!!!
Second, I am so grateful to have such a loving wife who puts up with me in so many ways. I still remember the day when I proposed to her. I had been off my mission for a month or so and I decided to take her to Cascade Springs on the back side of Mount Timpanogas to propose. Little did I know the roads were still closed and had not opened up yet. So there we are in Midway, Utah and I have no back up location to propose. By the way, she thought we were just going for a drive up the canyon. I hurried up and thought of a back up plan. I took her to Sundance ski resort and we went for a walk on a trail. During the walk I pulled out the ring and proposed. I will never forget her dad's response when I asked if I could marry her. He said, "Don't ask me, ask her." She of course said yes, and 15 years later we are still happily married. She is my Gorgeous Bride and Joy!!!
Lastly, I would like to thank all the other women in my life that hold a special place in my heart. My daughter, sister, other relatives and friends who are all so dear to me. I never would have thought that some of my best friends would be women, but what can I say? Thank you all for being special in your own way.
I sometimes wonder why I have been so blessed and whether I deserve what I have in life. Things could have gone so many different directions. I am not sure why or what I did to deserve such a great life, but I am grateful for everything I have especially all the women in my life. I love you all!!!
5 comments:
I hope I'm one of those special women! I brought cookies plenty of times to your house! ;) lol What a great post! You lucky man to have Mary for your wifey!
How sweet!...i agree w/ hiroko..you are a lucky man to have mary as a wife. :)
Ok so can you rub some of it off on James. HEHE
I am glad I am so special to you!
Son, you brought tears to my eyes when I read your Mother's Day posting. I love you and I am so proud of the man, son, husband and dad you turned out to be. I love you very much and miss when you are not around. I promise a Brazilian dinner when you come up next week. Love you again, Mom.
WOW!!! THATS ALL I HAVETO SAY.. HAVNT BEEN BLOGGING FOR AWHILE.. YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN BUSY .I KNOW MOTHERS DAY WAS AWHILE AGO.... BUT HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY MARY I HOPE YOU WHERE PAMPERED ....I WISH THEY DIDDNT PUT TIMES ON THESE BLOGS WHATS WITH THAT????I BLOG LATE AT NIGHT...ENJOY YOUR WEATHER ...AND STAY IN TOUCH..
Post a Comment